(Read our commitment to your safety as it relates to COVID-19 below)
Barrie Scuba House offers 2 ways to complete your Open Water certification: eLearning or Classroom setting
PADI eLearning allows you to begin your dive education at your convenience, using your desktop, laptop or mobile device, and finish your training in the water with a PADI Professional. You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning® system. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
3 Phases to Certification:
Phase 3: Open Water Dives – to use your skills and explore the world below.
Phase 3: Once your Confined Water dives are completed, you are required to do 4 Open Water dives to complete the course.
Email us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions at (705) 721-9797
Classroom Setting or Private Lessons*
The group sessions are scheduled classes, booked either once per week (for 5 weeks) or over a weekend. There are 5 in-class and pool modules to complete Phase 1 Knowledge Reviews and Phase 2 Confined Water. Once these 2 phases have been successfully completed, you can arrange for Phase 3 – the 4 open water training dives.
It is the 4 open water training dives that qualify you to become certified. They can be completed within our normal diving season, or you can opt to complete them down south in warm water. We will provide the documents needed for this option.
The cost of the course, based on our group rate, is $600* and includes the Instructor for ALL 3 phases of the program (classroom theory, 5 pool skills sessions and 4 open water training dives). It also includes your course materials, manual and non-personal scuba equipment while you are in training at our pool facility.
The group sessions are scheduled classes, booked either once per week (for 5 weeks) or over a weekend. The course does not include your personal gear kit (mask, snorkel, boots and fins). We sell this as a package and will take the time to custom fit you a few days before your course begins. Because this it is yours, it is important that it fit properly.
We can give you a couple of different options to complete your open water training dives either locally or a weekend trip to Tobermory.
*Private Lessons will be subject to additional fees.
- Complete 5 knowledge development segments, including quizzes and final exam
- Complete Confined Water Dives 1-5 in our on-site heated pool
- Meet water skills assessment requirements
- Complete Open Water Dives 1-4
Open Water Dives 1 and 2: 12 metres / 40 feet
Open Water Dives 3 and 4: 18 metres / 60 feet
- must be at least 10 years old
Note: 10-14 year old divers earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification
- Your personal gear kit – mask, snorkel, boots and fins – is available for rent or purchase. We offer gear packages for purchase and will take the time to custom fit you prior to beginning your course.
- Scuba gear for your 4 Open Water training dives is available to rent.
Here is our commitment to your safety under COVID-19:
We meet or exceed all government social distancing and hygiene recommendations. To keep you safe, we’ve :
– To minimize risks, all confined water training groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people under Phase 2 social distancing requirements
– All above water activities can maintain a social distancing of at least 2 meters
– Our large classroom enables social distancing for our limited classroom activities
– We have added a second 2nd stage to our scuba sets so underwater air sharing can be done without any risk of cross-infection
– We sanitize all masks, snorkels and regulators after use.
– We encourage eLearning option where available