Learn to Dive from the comfort of your couch
PADI eLearning allows you to begin your dive education at your convenience, using your computer or mobile device, and finish your training in the water with a PADI Instructor. You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
3 Steps to Certification:
Step 1: Knowledge Reviews to understand basic principles of diving. An access code is assigned to you with which you can download the course materials and study at your own pace. The PADI Open Water E-learning contains a series of short presentations, videos and quick quizzes. The knowledge development is split in to 5 sections. At the end of each section you will need to complete a knowledge review and quick quiz. The average student needs 12-15 hours to complete the eLearning portion.
Step 2: Confined (Pool) Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills. Upon completion of your knowledge reviews, you schedule your pool time of confined dives 1-5 in our on-site heated pool. Note: you have 1 year from time of completion of your eLearning to schedule your pool time.
Step 3: Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore the world below. Once your Confined Water dives are completed, you are required to do 4 Open Water dives to complete the course. These can be completed within our normal diving season over the course of 2 days (typically Saturday & Sunday, but mid week arrangements can be made or on weekend dive trips to Brockville or Tobermory). Or you can opt to complete theses dives down south in warm water (Referral Program) and we will provide the documents needed for this option.
Email us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions at (705) 721-9797
- Complete 5 knowledge development segments, including quizzes and final exam
- Complete Confined Water Dives 1-5 in our on-site heated pool
- Meet water skills assessment requirements
- Complete Open Water Dives 1-4
Open Water Dives 1 and 2: 12 metres / 40 feet
Open Water Dives 3 and 4: 18 metres / 60 feet
- must be at least 10 years old
Note: 10-14 year old divers earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification
- Your personal gear kit – mask, snorkel, boots and fins – is available for rent or purchase. We offer gear packages for purchase and will take the time to custom fit you prior to beginning your course.
- The scuba gear for your 4 Open Water training dives (cold water wetsuit, gloves, boots) is available to rent or purchase.