Our Next Weekend Course Start Dates:
August 16/17/18, 2019
September 13/14/15, 2019
October 4/5/6, 2019
Our Next Tuesday Evening Course Starts (5 consecutive Tuesdays):
July 23, 30, Aug 6, 13, 20 2019
August 27, Sept 3, 10, 17, 24 2019
October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 2019
Basic Open Water Scuba Course is offered in a group or privately.
The group sessions are scheduled classes, booked either once per week (for 5 weeks) or over a weekend. There are 5 in-class and pool modules. Once these have been successfully completed, you can arrange the 4 open water training dives.
It is the 4 open water training dives that qualify you to become certified. They can be completed within our normal diving season, or you can opt to complete them down south in warm water. We will provide the documents needed for this option.
Please give us a call, message us or refer to the calendar for our courses dates and options.
The cost of the course, based on our group rate, is $549 and includes the Instructor for all 3 aspects of the program (classroom theory, 5 pool skills sessions and 4 open water training dives) all within a group scenario. It also includes your course materials, manual and non-personal scuba equipment while you are in training at our pool facility.
Basic Open Water Scuba Course is available in a group setting or in a private session. The group sessions are scheduled classes, booked either once per week (for 5 weeks) or over a weekend. course does not include your personal gear kit (mask, snorkel, boots and fins). We sell this as a package and will take the time to custom fit you a few days before your course begins. Because this it is yours, it is important that it fit properly.
We can give you a couple of different options to complete your open water training dives either locally or a weekend trip to Tobermory. Any private training will be subject to additional fees.
- Complete 5 knowledge development segments, including quizzes and final exam
- Complete Confined Water Dives 1-5 in our on-site heated pool
- Meet water skills assessment requirements
- Complete Open Water Dives 1-4
Open Water Dives 1 and 2: 12 metres / 40 feet
Open Water Dives 3 and 4: 18 metres / 60 feet
- must be at least 10 years old
Note: 10-14 year old divers earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification
- Your personal gear kit – mask, snorkel, boots and fins – is available for rent or purchase. We offer gear packages for purchase and will take the time to custom fit you prior to beginning your course.
- Scuba gear for your 4 Open Water training dives is available to rent.